Minion Enterprise 2.2 is a big jump forward, with user cloning, new collections, bug fixes, and so very much more. Sign up to download ME 2.2!
Here is a brief list of new features and improvements:
- Improved collection speed by 80%
- Clone users – This module allows you to completely script and clone logins, with associated users and permissions, to one or more servers in the environment. (See User Scripting and Cloning.)
- Script logins – The Logins module pulls SQL Server login information from managed servers. This gives you a record of all logins – and their create date, default database, language, login type, policy enforcement, and more – for the entire enterprise. This is the foundation for a huge amount of security-related functionality, including research, alerts, and audits. (See User Scripting and Cloning.)
- Script database objects to the repository database, to the file system, or both.
- Script jobs – The Script Jobs module fully scripts out SQL Agent jobs on a regular schedule. Jobs can be scripted to the database, file system, or both.
- Expanded the database properties collection.
- Collect instance properties to the Collector.InstanceProperties table.
- Enhanced alerts – Alerts have more expansive defer and exception capabilities, and a brand new night mode!
- New administrator role login alert – Receilve alerts when logins join or leave admin roles in SQL Server.
- New SMB shares collection.
- Track drive capacity change report.
- Predict drive space report. (See Managing and Projecting Disk Space.)
- Predict file size report.
- Predict table size reports.
- New Availability Group collections.
- Searchable online documentation on minionware.desk.com
Subscribe to the MinionWare newsletter for news and updates about Minion Enterprise, backup and maintenance, and more.