Thanks for attending “Beginning Programming with Powershell”!
We hope you enjoyed this class. Give us feedback in the survey below, or just email me at Jen@MidnightDBA.com
THE SCRIPTS (.zip file) – these are the Powershell scripts we used in class, along with the answer scripts. Updated on 3/3/2017 at 10:06 AM.
Here are the other resources we promised:
- Handout: Powershell Cheat Sheet – For all your quick reference needs.
- Slide deck – Just kidding, we didn’t have a slide deck for this class!
If this is your first time running Powershell on a particular computer, use Get-ExecutionPolicy and Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned to check/set your ability to run Powershell scripts.
When you run a Powershell script (that is, run a file that is a powershell script), use “dot whack”: .\MyScript.ps1
If you downloaded a script from the internet, you need to right-click that script file, choose Properties, and click “Unblock”.
Related resources from us:
- Powershell Tutorials on www.MidnightDBA.com
- Powershell classes on www.MidnightDBA.com/Events. Note: some of these classes overlap; similar classes are similar in title. But, we can all stand to hear the material more than once, right?
- Powershell for DBAs 101 – Sean
- It’s not called Wussyshell!—Code – Sean
- Powershell Cmdlets for DBAs – Jen
- Beginning Powershell 1.0 – Sean
- Beginning Powershell 1.5 – Sean
- Beginning Powershell for DBAs: Part 1 – Sean
- Beginning Powershell for DBAs: Part 2 – Sean
- Deploying SSIS Packages with Powershell—Code – Sean
- 24-hrs of PASS– Managing SSIS Deployments with Powershell -Sean
- Deploying SQL Server Code through Powershell – Sean — Demo Code
- Getting Powershell Data into SQL – Sean — Demo Code
And more resources from elsewhere:
- Here is a TechNet article on expressions
- Here is an article from the Powershell team, on interpolated variables – that is, this structure: $($a.Length)
And now, more cool things
Free Backup and Maintenance
SQL Server Management
Minion Enterprise is our flagship product. You can get a free 90 day trial, watch the introduction and tutorial videos, and take a look at the highlight sheet and documentation on the Minion Enterprise page.
Consulting and Training
Stay in Touch
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date on Minion and the MidnightDBAs. We’ll also be around Twitter and email for questions and comments. And, we’re happy to schedule a live Minion demo for you!